Photobucket

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Crocheted Christmas fairy crowns

 I enjoyed making the fairy crown so much last week, it got me to thinking about variations I could make.


My son's girlfriend really liked it, especially the bells, and said she would love one.
 (I'm still not sure if she was just being kind)



 Anyway, she really loves Christmas, so I decided to make a Christmas crown, in red and green, with bells. I love it- it looks, and sounds really festive.





It was really easy to make, if you missed the instructions for the fairy crown last week, just click on the link at the top of the post for the most basic easy instructions ever.



Perfect for Christmas fairies everywhere


Also perfect for the mothers', sisters', aunts, friends of Christmas fairies everywhere...






On to the Small Things Yarn Along.
 This week I am reading a book that is almost the polar opposite of last weeks book by Marieke Hardy.
 I love Maeve Binchy, I went through a period years ago of reading all her books back to back, and felt like I lived in some type of cosy adorable world of her making.



When we were around at my parents on the weekend swimming, I found this book my Mum had been reading. I hadn't even realised there was a new book out, probably because my tastes have changed somewhat, and I hadn't been looking. Anyway, I opened it, started reading,( its a book of short stories), and became consumed yet again.

Luckily when I went to the library this week they had a copy, so I am back in cosy town. Most of the stories are about Christmas, so that's perfect for this post with the Christmas crown.

Also on the weekend when I went to our LYS to buy bells, I found these adorable Christmas plates.


 They were a set of 4places per box, but when I went to pay, the adorably lovely woman asked if I wanted two for the price of one.
Awesome!!

I read a post the other week about making last minute presents for people, and this is where learning crochet again has come in so handy.


I had two birthdays I had forgotten about, my aunt and my neighbour, so I crocheted up a flower chain for each of them- quick and easy and adorable!!
Loving the crochet!!






Have a lovely rest of your week x

14 comments:

  1. Aw, I love the Christmas crown - so cute and so much more fun than a santa hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas crowns are a nice idea, thank you! Tricia @ CrunchyCatholicMomma.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was jealous of those fairy crowns but now I can be the Christmas Fairy, with bells on! Flower chains will be beautiful as well when the Christmas decorations come down and everything looks rather sparse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely crown, lovely garland and lovely plates. Have a lovely day.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh ohh! New Maeve Binchy! my mum hasn't told me about that, maybe she doesn't know! (I doubt it, she is a MB groupie!)
    Love your fairy crown, it is toooo cute and I am imagining many little girls loving one!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crochet fairy crown is lovely. I wonder if a nativity angel could wear one? Love the flower garlands too, great idea for a last minute gift.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crochet crowns - much better than the paper ones you get in crackers! And thank you for your kind words on my blog - I do appreciate it.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book sounds like it's one I could even manage!

    Love your little crowns, and you're right crochet is just perfect for last minute gifts which is definitely my bag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the plates! What a sweet deal! I have a friend who always gets great deals thrifting...the owners seriously practically just hand thing to her for free. Actually sometimes they do! It's so unfair! lol

    Love the fairy crown. What a cute idea! My little one is a tomboy though..maybe the baby? :0)

    You are so lucky, always reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the flower garlands! They'd look pretty anywhere wouldn' they? and the fairy crowns are so cute....!!

    Thank you for you lovely comment too! :)

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are very talented. The crown is so pretty. I have always wanted to learn to crochet. I am a new follower visiting from Happy Hour Projects. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so crafty! Love the crowns! so cute! I'd love for you to link up to my Feature Friday Linky Party

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com/2011/12/feature-friday-linky-party_15.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...