Photobucket

Saturday 16 April 2011

Inspiration

Today I thought I would write and show you what inspired me to start crocheting again after a long long gap.  I was about 12 I think when my great grandmother first taught me to crochet, and I can still remember the thrill of making something myself!
So anyhoo, what made me think that it would be worth a try to pick up a hook and grab some wool, was when my friend came back from 3 months in Argentina and bought me these lovelies back:
 I absolutely LOVE the colours on the bag, and the combination of textures that was used. The only problem with it is............the first time I used it, I was ridiculously excited, as it was so beautiful, but the moment I put my phones and keys in it, it dropped to the ground!!
Since being given the bag, I have experimented with trying to make my own, and the biggest improvement I have found is lining the bag, so you don't have instant sag.
Anyway, I still love the bag, sadly it just hangs on a hook now and I think how pretty it is, and don't actually use it. 
But it was great as it became the inspiration for me starting to crochet again. 
I have found that bags aren't my forte, but will keep trying. That's one of the things I love so much about crochet, is that there are so many challenges and ideas out there. And that's why I love blogs, to get inspiration from other people, and there is just so much out there. Its great!!
 And now to the necklace. This is the most beautiful thing ever. I love this, and may have worn it to pieces in the first few weeks after getting it. I don't think I could ever tire of this, it's just gorgeous.
There is no way in the world I could ever make one of these, as I just don't have the patience, or the skill, but I truly appreciate the work that has gone into this.
So today I am grateful 4 all the amazing and inspirational people out there that do such amazing and beautiful projects, and share it with the rest of us.

2 comments:

  1. I love the bag and I understand how they have no form when you put something in them. Have you thought about felting a bag? I love mine felted as it adds some density and form to the bag and it doesn't stretch. And any mistake you make is easily covered up. Let me know if I can help.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I found you through `Happy Loves Rosie` and couldn`t resist coming to have a look since I`m `hooked` on anything with the word `crochet` in it! Have you heard of `Ravelry.com` - you`ll get all the crochet love and inspiration over there that your heart desires!Also, a gazillion free patterns!Good Sunday to you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...