Photobucket

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Circle Scarf

This is the first "grown up" piece of crochet I made. By that I mean that I blocked it. Here is a before shot:
I saw the circle scarf that Attic24 made,  http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2009/09/cicles-scarf.html
and was inspired by that to try my own. I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning crocheting like crazy and watching episodes of Mad Men with my husband until it was finally finished. And I blocked it!!! Just like the instructions said to- which really amazed me. I still can't follow patterns, but I get the importance of blocking, and was very happy I did so.
And my Mum loves it!!! Which made me happy.

It turned out nothing like the one that inspired me, but I was happy with creating it, and giving it.
Gratitude for today: I am on day two of a weeks leave, and am ridiculously happy being at home and spending time with my children and husband. Really, really enjoying it.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely visiting with you Rachel....welcome to Blogland!!! LOVE your circles scarf, it looks really pretty.
    Hooky and gratitude both very good for the soul, I like your outlook on life!
    lots of love
    Lucex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps x
    Apologies if this is double reply, not sure if it worked on my phone or not

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...