Photobucket

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Car Crochet

Yesterday we went away for the night, and so the trip up the mountain was perfect for one of new-found favourite pastimes- "Car Crochet"!
It makes time spent travelling pass so quickly, and I feel so productive at the end of a trip.
 I made these scarves- one on the trip up the mountain yesterday, and one on the trip down the mountain today.


I LOVE the blue and black one, it feels so beautiful and soft, and I love the colours on the olive one, the photo doesn't show it very clearly however.
We had a relaxing and enjoyable night away, went for a bushwalk to this waterfall

 ate lots of delicious food, and stocked up on fantastically flavoured chai teas and coffees.
I had Greek scrambled eggs this morning, which was eggs and feta, served with pita bread- delicious!!!
This is where we ate said breakfast.

And finally, this is what my husband gave me for our wedding anniversary

It seems very easy to be grateful today.

Grateful 4: a lovely, kind, funny  husband who I adore

6 comments:

  1. Oooh naughty needles! that book is just hilarious!
    What a lovely idea for a blog, welcome to the blog world, it is a fun place to be a part of! And combining it with gratitude, it's a lovely message you're putting out there into the world.
    Have fun with your hooking! And your crochet is not crap (as you said in your first post!!!)
    Love Alice and Raymond XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,
    I'm over from a trip to Alice's blog to wish you good luck with your new blog. I took up crochet again last year and like you it keeps me sane. I've been learning again from lots of sites and from Youtube. I'd recommend these two books as her tips are excellent.

    Beyond the Square Crochet Motifs by Edie Eckman
    Around the Corner Crochet Borders by Edie Eckman

    If you want a list of crochet blogs I go visit regularly let me know and I'll pass them on to you. Like you Attic24 is top of the list!
    Here are 2 to wet your appetite
    http://www.crochetspot.com/
    http://tangledhappy.blogspot.com/
    Have a good day and I shall come visit you again
    Debbs in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, saw your comment on Alice's post and thought I would pop in and say hi!! I am a knitter and taught myself to crochet last year, I am hooked I can tell you. I am madly knitting now tho. Another blog you may like is www.littletinbird.co.uk
    Heather is lovely and I love reading her posts.
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks heaps Alice for the kind words, and thanks Debbs and Sandi for the recommendations, will definitely check them out.
    Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel,
    So glad you popped by my blog so I could come and visit you and see your wonderful blog. So glad you have picked up the hook again and your work is beautiful. I think of myself as a knitter who now crochets...but actually I am a knitter who is now obsessed with crochet. It has been so much fun to create all these projects and as I am fairly new to it, it has been a great learning experience. I love the blogs you visit and I have a few more if you are interested.

    teresakasner.blogspot.com
    clarascrochetroom.blogspot.com
    tangledhappy.blogspot.com
    clevercheshirecats.blogspot.com
    theroyalsisters.blogspot.com

    Come back and visit me again, I will be sure to come back and read your beautiful blog and see your progress.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Meredith, love those new blogs, thanks, and I will visit again for sure

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...